Thursday, April 24, 2008

Some funny moments in my life

These are in no particular order.

1. When I left Brad in the room alone with Mama during the movie "Biloxi Blues" right before a graphic sex scene.

2. When Kandi was holding baby Micah or Dalton in one hand and a McDonald's food tray in the other- she tried to use her foot to open the trash can and her leg went in. She was in a dangerous straddle, but I was laughing too hard to help her.

3. When Keith Gouin and I tried to rid his and Lieba's home of a squirrel. I tried to flush the little guy out with a broom, and he commenced to running crazily up my legs and all over Keith. Keith was in fetal position laughing and crying while I screamed and laughed. The squirrel had his way with us. (The squirrel was later extracted by my ingenious "Corridor of Blankets.")

4. When Carole got drunk (she was on medication and her Grandma had just died.) and she kareoked Tush at Vance's New Year's Eve party.

5. Ken and Ashley's re-telling of Kay Lynn's night at Eric's wedding. "Don't raise the roof, don't raise the roof....awwww, she raised the roof."

There are so many more. Please add...

11 comments:

  1. You must remember me and Carole were not in our normal state of mind. I must say though that both of those moments were quite funny and will always be remembered. Even at the darkest times those memories will bring a smile to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I must say some of my favorites - of the moments in your life - involve the demise of innocent albeit unwise animals. The duck and the rabbit in the laundry room, the hungry baby bird, and the kitten in the dryer. I retell them often, even though I can't remember who ate who's butt off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunny ate the goose's butt. Tragic crime scene. I'm so glad these stories are still in circulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, thanks for the morning laugh.

    Yea, what I can remember of that night was classic, Dean getting really mad was not so good though.

    You do have a way with animals. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. black Chow...that's all I'm gonna say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear I was going to add it. "There she was, just a walkin' down the street..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, I'm not sure how I stumbled onto your site. I think I Googled myself, curious to see if a recent publication had appeared online yet, and I found the link to this post. The squirrel incident was a truly funny moment...and of course you were at the center of it all. I miss you and love you. Hey to Brad and the kids.
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keith, what a wonderful surprise! So glad to hear from you. I love you, too. Maybe you could update me on your family. I'd love to know what everyone is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. some kind of diagram or sketching would help with the Corridor of Blankets visual.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I began reading your blog at 3am...it is quarter to six in the morning, and i have to force myself to stop!

    You have a gift! Your writing is such fun to read. I find myself feeling wistful, very sad, very happy, even proud along with you.

    I burst out laughing at your 'ingenious Corridor of Blankets' scheme.

    You read like an old, dear friend. We are almost the same age-I am 08/64-I mean no harm by the word old. Thank you for sharing your gift.

    Emily von Hinckeldey Valdez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emily, you are kind. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete