This morning the bus took off from the Community Church headed for Camp Decision. Brad took the youth group which includes Andrew, Evan, and Honey. This is big for Honey. She doesn't sleep in her own room.
I'm not really thrilled about youth church camps. They tend to be full of emotional hype. Kids are unintentionally loaded up with guilt and a distorted idea that Christainity "feels" exciting. But on the other hand, the kids love the whole worship experiance. They also love the dodgeball tournament. It's hardcore. I love that, too. Anyway, they are off to Camp Decision for better or worse.
Bradley, Kameron, Isabelle, and I are going to Baton Rouge for Bradley's orientation. Bradley and Kam want to get tattoos, so this should be fun. Enjoy your week. Mine will be busy.
Let's ROCK the Tattoo Shop!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember....
ReplyDelete"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball." -- Patches O'Houlihan former AADA All-Star.
I actually offered to throw wrenches at them last week- to train. Two years ago they won in a glorious underdog story of their own. It all came down to Evan (then 12, long tube socks, backwards cap) against, I'm not kidding, Man (Edjerrin James' cousin and current WR at Miami.) Man rared back and Evan caught it while staying in bounds. Sibling rivalry demands that I mention that Andrew caught one with his legs. But the best of all, was the Bradley story of the year before. It had come down to Bradley and some big guy. The crowd was quiet until one small voice started with Bradley, Bradley, Bradley...Soon the entire gym of of 300 kids were chanting...BRADLEY, BRADLEY. Bradley readied himself and..he got hit. But the moment will live forever in dodgeball lore.
ReplyDeleteThat's good stuff. "Do you believe in unlikelihoods?!"
ReplyDelete