Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Not dread locks, but a journey...

It's no secret that I hate dying my hair. I hate the smell, the cancer causing chemicals, the conforming to society's standards of beauty, the general fakeness. I dye it because I want to be pretty for my Tracy Miller. And I think that is worth it. But....the same Miller of which I speak has said that he would not mind at all if I stopped dying it. He is not the kind of man that would tell me what to do with my head. He has promised to be honest with me and tell me if he does not like it. So I will embark on a silver journey. Spare me the "don't let yourself go" comments. Don't let YOURself go. Do some crunches and read a book. I am going natural. I am completely vain enough to dye it again if I look haggard or unsexy or if my perfect man would rather it dark. I am just so happy to try it! I plan on making it hot. We will all see. And I don't judge anyone who, like my Aunt Ruby (RIP) who chooses to have bright red hair until you die at 90. That's actually cool in it's own way. There are women named Bunny and Love and Birdie that should do all they can. They have a name to live up to. I am just a Karen. A- cup, smart ass, and don't like to be told what to do. This will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment