Tomorrow I turn 47. There are a few things of note...
I am tired. I guess this is age. I am now understanding all those commercials that the people are lauding their products for the increased energy. I get it.
Tracy and I still love each other. I say this because marriage is hard and living apart is harder and living with me is hardest. So, love will hopefully conquer all.
I am signed up to go to massage therapy school next month. My dream of touching old people might be realized. I actually think I will be the one healed in some way by all this. I hope so. I need help.
Tracy and I bought a masticating juicer. The Omega 8006. I know it sounds like a vibrator, but it's better! We can chew up carrots and apples and drink juice and maybe get more energy.
You know how when you're driving on the interstate through blue skies, and you look ahead and the sky is black and ominous and you are going 80mph toward it? That is how I feel. I may have to pull over, I may get blown off the road, or it may just look bad up ahead. I have no idea. All I know is that it looks scary and exciting and I don't have time to think about whether or not I should drive into it. I'm on a road trip, damn it, and you don't stop. For anything.
I'm not cocky enough to say bring it, but almost. I'm humble enough to know that I can't talk like that to the universe. I'm not that much of a bad ass.
Happy Birthday to me. I'm not 16, so I won't get a Quaalude and a bag of pot. Nor will I have to kiss everybody I see at the fair. I am 47. I get to have a party with some of my favorite people, and I get to kiss my Hot Fudge Sundae. Nothing better than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment