Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Little Heart

I haven't had much time or energy to post lately. I am going to school, working, and trying to be a decent mom and wife. I left out friend because I suck at that. If I didn't have to sleep, I could do it all.

I got my little heart tattoo finally. I have wanted a heart on my heart for a long time. It simply means to keep my heart "out there". No matter how much I want to bury it safely in my ribs. I know that there is no way to love or recieve love (please oh please!) with it on the inside. So, now I have my metaphor to look at everyday. A reminder to be vulnerable and overt. I made it purple, so I guess a purple heart has something to do with being wounded in battle, and surviving or maybe saving somebody else. We will see. Like David Copperfield said in the opening lines...

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether
that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.


I am tired, but I am ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment