Saturday, March 23, 2013

I remember when I created this little blog. It was 2006. We had just come back from Cooperstown, NY. Carole had been trying to get me to write, so I finally did it. I am glad I did.

My life is different now. I have been divorced, remarried, and now that has fallen apart. I am discouraged to say the least. I am tired. And very sad.

I am trying to pick up the pieces of my life and understand what in God's name happened. I am going to try to focus on my kids. They are my family. They are all I have got. And they love me. It's mutual.

I have lost more than I had to give. It's like I am in debt. I am different, but I believe that I will be better. I hope. My friends know I have changed. I show up in glimpses. Karen makes cameos.

So that's why I have nothing to say. I am too confused to make any sense. But I won't always be. I hope that I will be happy again. I hope that I can laugh from my soul like I used to. I hope I can beat my chest and howl at the moon. I hope I think I am worth it. I want to be joyful and smart. With some cash.

So I may come back, or maybe not. I love my porch.

I posted a borrowed prayer. That was not like me. So I'll do my own. I would like to think God sometimes checks this.

Dear God, It's me. I am so sorry. Love, Karen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, thanks for sharing your heart. I like to read what you write. I am sorry you are sad! Unfortunately, I know sad and broken hearts and taking care of kids and yourself....none of it is easy. So here is a verbal ((hug)). Come visit BR, Carole & I will drink a bottle of wine with you and listen or just be quiet. You are in my prayers, Anne (with an E, did you read "Anne of Green Gables"?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did read all of them and watched! Thank you so much. I will take you up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen,
    Your story might not be the way that you would have written the novel but it is a beautiful tale of God's tender, unrelenting pursuit of a heart he created and finds irresistible.
    I know you love books-thought you might be in a place where The Gift of Being Yourself by David Benner might give you hope.
    Love,
    Wendy Olgine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy! Thank you and love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete