Monday, August 28, 2006

The pressure is on...

Ok. Carole has plugged me. I've got to keep up with this.

Everyone is doing fine today. I'm happy most of the time, but I sure miss home. No, I'm not talking about heaven. It's the next best thing...Red Stick. Baton Rouge, baby. It's hard to explain the way it feels to be so bonded to a piece of geography. I relate it to Scarlett O'Hara's deep need to go back to Tara. And it doesn't look like I'll be back any time soon.

My kids have wonderful lives. They have good friends, a good church, happy times. We have a home that is the Grand Central of teenagers and kids. It's never clean (the house)and I could not care less. Some of my kids' friends will come and spend the night even if my own kids aren't here. Football season has become gumbo season for these Florida boys. I love it. But I need to go home. I need to go to the Mobil station and eat a tiger burger. I need to see my mom and laugh my butt off at Kandi. And Little Ken. I need to go shopping with Ashley and go anywhere with Kay Lynn. I need to see my brother and hear him laugh. I need to see my boys play with Micah and Dalton. I need Dean and Carole to block off their whole week to come sit around and do nothing with me. I need to go to the cemetery and cry. I really need John to cut and color my hair.

So, pray for me. People I love are living and dying and I'm 600 miles away. I know I'm just homesick, but I never want to be cured of it.

6 comments:

  1. Man, I could so eat a Tiger Burger right now!!

    I was just thinking today how I myself needed a trip to see John!

    Drinkin' Wine and listenin' to Journey. Good times. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a week of vacation I can take anytime.

    You gonna make any games here? Still trying to get there for the Florida game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a Tiger Burger? Is that like an Emu burger?
    Anyway, just stopped in to say hello Karen from the Waites house.
    God is Good. Your time is coming sister, GW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Georgie! A tiger burger is a perfectly seasoned burger with ham (yes, ham), and the lettuce and onion are almost shredded. You have to get it all the way. Tell Robin I say Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand. Florida ain't Louisiana! I missed my family, my friends and of course, my Tigers!

    My Uncle jets down from California twice a year just to get his fill of Cajun cookin', trout fishin' and Tiger football.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Karen, Maybe you could start selling that gumbo for plane fare. Then you sould make a weekend trip and get to a game.

    ReplyDelete