Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Looking Ahead

Merry Christmas everybody! Hopefully everyone is getting their shopping done on time so they can relax and enjoy the time off! We had our Christmas early since we are going to Baton Rouge for the week. Everyone is happy with what they received, so I am very happy.

I'm beginning to look ahead to the New Year, and I'm wondering what changes I could make to improve my life. Getting back in the gym is always good, eating out less, reading more. I recently read the book Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. It is the best Christian book I've read in a long time. Lightly questions everything. I highly recommend it. Probably because I highly recommend questioning everything. The guy (author) is also funny. Another good thing.

What changes do you want to make in the coming year? Maybe none. It just seems like a good time to evaluate. To me, being kind to people is at the top of my list. Speaking kindly, thinking kindly, acting...you get it. I want to love more from the inside out. Not always easy.

That's all I've got. I'll see you all soon hopefully. Love, Karen

4 comments:

  1. Where do I start? There is so much I want to change in 07.

    physically-I like the 10's and 8's not the 12's so I gotta get movin more! And my oven is messing up again. I go see the OB in Feb. so I am gonna try to talk him into just takin' out the whole thing!

    Emotionally- I want to be less of a @#$#@ so much. Progress is being made, God is good and helps me, there is just far too go.

    Spiritually- I want to know my convictions, live my convitions and be more like Jesus every day.

    Change is good!! Bring it on.

    Cant wait to see you at the end of the month. You will have wine right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll have wine. I need you to call me when you kind of know when you're coming, because I will be traveling back on that Friday. No big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY KAREN!!
    Merry Christmas!

    I don't need to change a thing for next year. I'm still the lovable little fuzz-ball I've always been.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Harveys (& Turners Vactioning in Florida),

    We tried to catch up to you Harveys while you were in town. The boys said that they found you at the Mall. Needle in a hay stack. Anyway, we always seem to miss yall and each time we swing and miss, it's a bummer.

    Tell Brad hello. Hope we can plan something in advance of the next trip you guys make to BR again. Ron LeBlanc is the best friend a man can get and the best Uncle - no doubt. Pat & Lorri Earles

    ReplyDelete