What is it about old men? I work sometimes as a cashier which means that there are moments when, in the blink of an eye, I have a hold of some one's money at the nano second that they have a hold of it also. Problem is, about 6 out of 10 old men hold on to the money in an attempt to be playful. A flirty exchange. It becomes a tug 'o war of sorts that I did not sign up for. I freaks me out, ok? I am not sure what to do. I know I should be charmed, but I'm not. I usually let go of the money and just look at him. Like pressing reset. Then I go in again. If he tries again. I just back off and wait. It's quite a dance. Sometimes the "gentleman" will get miffed. I have been told that I will be pulled over the counter and spanked (I swear). I was shocked, but now I know from Tracy that if he is over 18 (90 counts), I can kick his ass. Yesterday an elderly gent did the "pull", and stared menacingly at me. I just thew my hands up and asked Tara to, for the sake of God, check this guy out. He wondered what was wrong with me. Nothing, sir. Just those female hormones. Then another guy came in not long after with a money swirl. A keep away from the cashier move. I gave him style points. I actually told him that was cool. Never saw that before. Sigh.
Maybe they just want some attention. I love old men. They are actually a great time. They can be cantankerous and a knee slapping good time. But the fun ones know the "No Touchy" rule. The "No Pully the Money" rule never hurt anybody either.
I HATE that too. Pervis is the worst about it! I usually just say "If you are not going to give me the money, I won't give you your tea." I guess that doesn't work as well when they are paying out after eating though. Yuck. Men.
ReplyDeleteKAREN
ReplyDeleteYour blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas
I hate that too and they can see the look on your face that you are not in the mood to play. I think you handled the situation just right by letting someone else wait on him. Maybe he will get the picture next time?
ReplyDeleteLOL! Total flashback to working at McDonalds when I was in highschool and this one awful woman would ALWAYS pull her money out of her bra. Ew. It got to the point that I would fake injuries if I saw her park in the lot...
ReplyDeleteJust meandering about blogland on a rainy day--thanks for the laugh!
You should hold out your hand and wait for them to leave the money in your palm. It's a little different, but atleast you won't run the risk of sending old men the wrong signals.
ReplyDeleteDo you really LOVE them :)??????
ReplyDeleteOh, yes, Jenny Jenn Jenn. I do love them with ALL my heart!
ReplyDelete