Pain is too generic of a word. It's like love, but I can work with that. Pain could mean I'm walking on hot sand with no flip flops, the ache in my chest when I think of pending things, getting the news that someone I love is gone, or, I don't know, Tracy accidentally eating a whole medallion of wasabi because I put it right next to the avocados on his plate. ( I thought he'd know. :( )
But whatever the pain, it all seems to work for my good. I grow and learn and become better. I still hate it though. I avoid it. I think that's smart. There are people in life that will continue to just wreak hurt. I avoid them. Ice cream makes my tummy hurt. Douchebags sue people. And I get sick on boats. So it goes...
I cry a lot, so I know there are people that think I am weak. I probably am. But I also know that the race is more impressive when a crippled person runs it than when a healthy athlete does. It has everything to do with what you are working with. So, I think I am strong. Or I will tell myself that. I am afraid all the time, but fear is not bad. The important thing is what I will do in it's presence. We will see.
No comments:
Post a Comment