Monday, January 14, 2008

Music!

Check out my playlist. Carole so graciously installed it. The songs I chose remind me of people, so one may be you!

I'm dizzy, so I'm not going to write. Turn up my playlist and do some laundry! Peace.

10 comments:

  1. ok, Which song is me? I don't see Brick House or Little Miss Can't Be Wrong so I don't think I'm represented in the songs. But I wouldn't mind being Word Up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fixed it. Word up could be you, but I gave you two obvious ones, and Dean got one, too. I tried to get Hell is for Children but it didn't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will share Word Up only with you Carol. That has always been one of my alltime favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! i love this playlist.. and now i have two places i can hear it.
    now that i know where your blog is i will probably be here a lot. to keep up with whats going on at my home away from home!! i LOVE you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the play list, Karen! The kids and I are making hamburger and hot dog buns while listening and we're really enjoying your picks. Scout and I are doing and little dancing in between rises.

    This is coming from somebody who rarely listens to music. When Jimmy and I were dating, we were driving somewhere and he had a CD in, and I said, "I really like this song! Who sings it?!" (I believe it was "Hey Jude")

    "Uh, the Beatles."

    Can't believe he still married me. :)

    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I don't see Like A Rhinestone Cowboy. So I guess I'm The Devil went down to Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I'm defaulted to LSU Pregame. I could live with that.

    One big oops in your list, Karen. The all-time best version of Ain't That A Shame is by Cheap Trick, not Fats.

    I'll let it slide once, but only once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, Clyde, the Fats version is for my father (who was playing the 45 on his record player.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotcha, sorry.

    I'm curious who "Tuesday's Gone" represents. I hadn't heard that song in 20 years. (Not since Glenn Berteau somehow duped me into donating to his "devil's music bonfire.")

    Good stuff. Although, when it comes to Skynyrd greats, you can't beat The Ballad of Curtis Lowe.

    ReplyDelete