In 2001, my brother Vance's chocolate lab, Dixie, had her first litter of puppies. From that group we got our sweet dog, Roux. She is the kindest, meekest dog! We moved in 2006, and she got confused one day following some kids down the new street. We lost her. She's not a "streetwise" type to say the least. It was horrible. I've been looking for her ever since. We've prayed on a regualr basis for her safe return, and for her to just be warm at night. I've gone up to strangers with labs many times and looked at their dog (ready to say, "that's my dog!"). But it was never her...until yesterday. I was at Cross Walk (small, private school) subbing, and it was recess. She came trotting up, and I thought it could be her. I looked at her belly, and lo and behold, the long scar on her stomach from when she ate a toy and needed surgery for her obstucted intestines. It's a true miracle. I know it's her, but I will probably do DNA testing on her so no one can question her identity. She is home. She is exactly the same- her manner, the way she lays, her movements- I can hardly belive this. After 19 months, our dog is home.
That is so cool!! What did the people say who had her?
ReplyDeleteNobody had her. She was running like a stray. She still had the collar Brad gave her way back when.
ReplyDeleteHello Karen. It's Linda, Carole's mom. I love your play list. I think I'm going to try ZZtops "Tush" next time I go to Karaoki. I had forgot all about that song. Donna says I sing to many slow songs, so I'll fix her next time. I'm glad you got your dog back. I'm also glad you are blogging more. I will visit more often. have a good day!
ReplyDeleteThis is intriguing.
ReplyDeleteThis could be a sequel to The Incredible Journey... the story of 2 dogs and a cat that take months to cross a 1000 miles of Canadian wilderness.
Same concept, except the journey was, what, six blocks?
Honey is going to get to work on the manuscript soon.
ReplyDelete