
Despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, I have not been able to answer... the great question that has never been answered: what does a woman want?
Sigmund Freud
I posted this on facebook and thought it was interesting. What do women want? What do I want? I am so amused that Freud had no idea!
I want to be valued. To be loved or at least respected for who I am. I do not want anyone telling me what I think. I know my mind. I do not want to be controlled. I want kindness and strength. I want truth. I want people to laugh at my jokes. I want to laugh some myself! And as I said on facebook, I want a maid.
I answer this knowing that I got way better then I deserved in a husband. He values me, respects me and makes me want to be better..all that I could ever want. Sure, he gets mean, cranky and we fight way more then some people consider healthy but so what, I know we are meant for each other and our love gets deeper every day.
ReplyDeleteYou nailed it. That is something I think every person wants, male or female but us female get very little of it and we deserve so much more as we are the caretakers of the world.
ReplyDeleteTo be loved you must first learn to love....................
ReplyDeleteActually, Anonymous, I disagree. You don't need to love in order to be loved. Loving people has to do with giving, not receiving. I have loved many times without it being returned.
ReplyDeleteHow sad that your comments are all about YOU! What you want! What are you willing to give for it! No where have you mentioned what God wants for you...And if your love has not been returned, have you asked yourself why? Reading your response to anonymous! As Dr Phil says, you teach people how to treat you. I think you are probably a great person, but with underlying problems, so maybe those 'things' you want are waiting in the wings. Good luck
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteall you need is me, baby.
ReplyDeleteHow typical of Kameron to think he's god's gift to women everywhere ;) It would be a lot more alluring if he didn't know.
ReplyDeleteIn reference to your post...
You deserve the world, Karen. I hope you know that. Or else Ill remind you everday until you do =]
love you
I have good friends!!
ReplyDeleteIt's kinda funny when people post nasty things anonymously on so many levels. 1)How brave are you that you can't put your name? 2)I know who you are anyway through sitemeter, and 3)No one in blog world takes mean anonymous posters seriously. I am not referring to nice posts done anonymously. Just the ugly ones. I will eventually trash the mean post, because it is poison, and free speech is not necessarily a right on my blog. I need to think about it.
ReplyDeleteThere is a fine line between need and want. I find that the things I want are not really the things I need. The things I need are not always the things I want. If I had to break it down I would say I want to love hard. This cost. It cost all of me. When I look at it Love is all I want. It is kind, gentle, long suffering, holds no record of my wrongs. Love covers my sin. What I really want it is Love....God is love and he is really all I want.
ReplyDelete(and world peace. Who doesn't)
Hi Karen. this is Carole's mom in Okeechobee. All I can say is, Rock on girlfriend! You are the nicest kindest person I know and it just makes me so mad that Anon said those things. We all struggle everyday to know what God wants for us. I guess Anon thinks they know. Sounds like a narsistic X to me. Keep your head up and don't let the bas.....s get you down.
ReplyDeleteLinda, you are amazing! Love you, too.
ReplyDelete