
Today my son Andrew turns 18. This weekend he celebrated with friends with a lot of bodies sleeping all over, some gumbo, and his favorite, pumpkin pie.
Andrew is my musician. He is gifted with the ability to pick up an instrument and just play. I remember when he was about 2 and I walked by the room he was in, and I heard the Star Spangled Banner being played perfectly on the Little Tykes piano. I said something like "How did you do that?" and he said he heard it on TV. That's how it has always been. These days he is kicking butt on the drums, and he is amazing.
Andrew is also somewhat of a non conformity kind of guy. (hmmm) He doesn't go with the crowd, and his friends are the funniest and most diverse group you can imagine. Lots of fun. I love my boy. He has always been my sweet spirit and still is. Happy Birthday to you, son. I love you with everything I think and do. You are the man.
No comments:
Post a Comment