| Mama and Andrew. The song at the top my playlist is for her. It's one her and my favorite songs. A little something we share. |
I loved to watch her cook. I learned so much from just sitting at the counter while she put it all together. She has a great sense of humor and loves books. My mom always saw things about me that I thought nobody noticed. That I didn't notice. How I raise my hands when I dance. She went from being Daddy's little girl to a life of struggles that I will not even begin to understand. But through it she kept her heart, her head, and her kids all know that she is wonderful. She will kick your ass in poker, and she will always get up to make breakfast. (I did not get that one. Sorry to my kids.) For her whole life she was under a man. Either her father or my father. When my daddy died, she became just her. I know this had to be incredibly hard, but now she gets to be Kay. She can go as she pleases, answering to no one. I love that for her. Honestly, she could do just about anything, and I will defend her right to do it. It's her turn to think, say, do, and believe whatever the hell she wants. I love you, Mama. Go to the boat at midnight, eat what you want, laugh. Spend your money how you want, and you get the remote. You deserve every bit of freedom and autonomy that you have. Thank you for being a peace maker, a calm voice, and always loving me. You know I pass out when I throw up. I miss you every time. Nobody is like you or will ever be. Love beyond words to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment