To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep;
To sleep, perchance to dream – ay, there's the rub:
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause – there's the respect
Yesterday Steve Jobs died, and although I did no t know this man, I am sobered and sad for his family. He knew that he was going to die, so I guess he had the ultimate heads up. I'm not sure if I would want that, but none of us have that choice. I have quoted my favorite author Anne Lamott's saying that we would all one day lose someone we can't live without. I have done that twice and know that time and chance are not on my side. I can only walk this day out, and know that tragedy doesn't reveal strength but weakness. That is where the strength is. It's in the surrender, the "I can't do this". In the bottom of the pit. That's where God lives. He's everywhere, but I can feel Him down there. Love to the grieving today and everyday. Our turn is coming. And as William said, there's the respect.
No comments:
Post a Comment