Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Day before Christmas Eve.




I know people have as long as I can remember tried to get Christmas "back to what it's supposed to be." Honestly, it has always been about the presents and the food. And if you are a kid, Santa. And I do not think God cares one bit. It's a man made holiday, like all of them, and he was actually born in July or something. It's ok, everybody. Relax. Happy Holidays for goodness sake. Just because Constantine made it official in 400AD, we don't have to make it so serious. I am fine with the Grinch, and Rudolph. I am happy with my memories of Mama Louque coming over at 5am to put the turkey in our oven because hers was full. I love the consumerism and the commercialism. It's nice to have a season set aside that we buy for each other. What is so wrong with that? I like the lights, the trees, the music. If you think about it, we love so much about Christmas that is not directly about Jesus. But I also love Luke chapter 2. My absolute favorite. Hark and Lo and Behold. Angels talking to shepherds under the stars, a woman in labor in a barn, and the King of the Universe sticking it to the man by not doing it our way. That is what Christmas is to me. God's telling us that what we think and do and require is not what He thinks and does and requires. He always goes against religion and our "wisdom."

So I hope this Christmas you have a nice time. I hope you had some money to buy some gifts, because if you didn't, you will feel shitty. It's ok. It's just a holiday. Next year will be better for you. I hope you have love in your life and that you are healthy. I hope your children are whole. God bless you. I sincerely mean that with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment