I downloaded the book Old Friend From Far Away to my e-reader(that Tracy gave to me.) It's a book about writing memoirs. I love reading books about writing, and maybe I'll actually do what they suggest some day. Anyway...One of the exercises is to write about "I remember" for 10 minutes. No structure. No limit to subjects. Just I remember. OK.
I remember my first date with Tracy. It was a Saturday night (September 12, 2009) and I had to work the entire day. We had exchanged some emails and planned on meeting after I got off. I was so excited. I remember Andrea did all my side work in section 4 so that I could get out of there and go out with this man. I was so excited. Did I mention how excited I was? I had admired him for so long, and now I was going to have him all to myself for the evening. I went home and called him and hurried as fast as I could to become as pretty as I could. I remember I wore my black and coral shirt, Capri's, and black sandals. He was wearing khaki shorts, but I honestly don't remember the shirt. I could not take my eyes off of his face. I love his face. It is manly and perfect. And his brown eyes are beautiful.
We were going to do a tour o' bars of Keystone beginning with the Howling Wolf. We did the Wolf, and then decided to go to the OTT (Our Town Tavern). My God, he smelled so good. We played pool and talked. I remember how nice it was to talk with him. He is very honest and chooses his words carefully. I like that. We decided to go back to his house, and we talked for a long time. We stayed up all night. Ten minutes. Done.
I loved that night. No matter what happens, I'll always remember how happy and perfect it was. The beginning. I remember.
Love is GRAND!!!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh.... "Chooses his words carefully." That, and humility are, I think, the most treasured character traits to have. And to find them anymore is as rare as... a cleanly bathed Clyde child. Thankfully I married someone with those traits. Looks like we both got Keepers. :)
ReplyDelete