"Atticus was right. One time he said you never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them. Just standing on the Radley porch was enough."
Monday, August 01, 2011
We (I) think things about ourselves that are not always the case. I know I like to think I'm kind or loving or whatever. I think a good way to find out who I am would be to ask my children what they think is important to me. Or the people I work with. That would be a place to start. I think we all have core values that are there, but we stray off the path. I know what I think is important. I just don't know if I have been acting like it. So, today I will try. To get back. To look at other people and to respect myself in some small way. Because I don't. I too often diminish all of me in order to be "loved" or at peace. I am searching for the balance. Today I will look for opportunities to be nice. That's all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment