Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wedding Bells

For those that do not know yet, my Andrew and sweet Chelsea are getting married. They have decided to have their ceremony on October 22, 2011. I am thrilled. I could not hand pick a better suited person for each of them. I realize they are young, but who cares, really? They have as good a shot as any. Hell, a better shot than me.

Marriage is an interesting concept. The notarized piece of paper means nothing to me except for the fact that you have a legal contract with someone. Whatever. I have a legal contract with the IRS, too. Marriage is more about the heart and mind. It's about the integrity of committing to this other human being forever. Such great intent! It's a covenant. A sacred promise to treat someone with love and respect. To walk through life with someone. To partner up.

And then the children come along. That is another story. For now, I will be so happy for Andrew and my little Chelsea. It gives me hope to see their optimism and love. I hope they soar. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment