I am learning some things about Body Armoring. It's a very old theory from a man named Wilhelm Reich. He was a branch from Freud and has some theories on Psychotherapy, character analysis, development, and yes, body armor. It's about our ways of compensating for needs not met or trauma at different stages of our lives. Things and patterns that we create subconsciously to protect our hearts and minds or to react to trauma. It's not an active reaction but more an energetic and spiritual one. We hold these things within our bodies and can release them through touch and therapy. It's interesting.
I am not doing it justice. But I do see the truth in it not only from just reading it but experiencing it in myself and others. We are so much more than what we know.
So I will embark on something new. Not new at all really. Something old, but maybe these truths will bring me closer to where I am going. Where God is taking me. There are people that I love that have patterns that are not useful anymore. The patterns are actually debilitating and destructive. That's the point of it. We sometimes need the armor, but we tend to never let it go and hold it way beyond its use. It's like having your fists up 20 years after you were mugged. It's time to relax. Your fists are getting in the way of hugging someone. Or receiving hugs. If you get attacked again, you will have them. But everybody is not a mugger. Or an abuser. Or a __________. Not everyone is going to die in some shocking way. Or not love me. I am ready to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment