Monday, September 26, 2011

She is love

And when that world slows down, dear.
And when those stars burn out, here.
Oh she'll be there, yes she'll be there,
They call her love, love, love, love, love.


It's what gets me through the day. I wake up for it. I go to sleep hoping she will be here tomorrow. Love. It is the one true treasure that I want. The one possession worth running back in to the burning house for.
I wish I had the ability to love unconditionally. But I find that my love is full of terms, conditions, and fine print. I am so ashamed. When did I start that? I think I am too afraid. For good reasons, but still too much. So I will try harder. Try to let go of all the love killing pride and fear. Jump off the cliff and enjoy the ride down. With open arms and closed eyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment