Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday

I think the meaning of life keeps changing. There is no one meaning. I think you have to find meaning in your day as you go along. Sometimes it's so obvious. Crying, hungry baby.  Kidney stone. Being "in love". Life just imposes meaning on us. I have trouble (imagine that) when I try to find the meaning and live for that. I want to be with this person, or I want to go here and live there. Not a good plan, because life does not respect or submit to my ideas of meaning. I am finding that I attract hardship. What the hell?

But it's ok. I'm not in a concentration camp or blind or making yak butter in Tibet.  That would suck. I am here. Now. There are the friends along the way that make it all bearable. Like skipping down the yellow brick road with the scarecrow. He is willing to let those flying monkeys stomp on him in order for me to get through that scary forest. Good friend. I hope I have been a friend like that. I think I have at some point.

So what is the meaning today? I will pray for Johnny Mason and our little BBQ restaurant. I will be a firefly today as best as I can to make people want to come back. I will enjoy the people that God gives me. I will overcome my sadness, because some things will never change. Evan said it best. "As long as we have some music and you have me, we will be fine."  You better believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment