Thursday, March 18, 2010

Baja, circa 2002




Excuse my sloppy picture upload work. I'm not doing it again.



By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius

(the next morning) So true. Nothing like getting kicked in the butt by experience.

Yesterday was fun. Kam, Bradley, Charlie, Wynston, and I went to the old house at 6702 Baja Court. Not much has changed. We stood on the porch and looked out over the yard and loved the years spent there. The fire pit, my banana shrub (so big now!) the kitchen (through the window), the place on the porch where I was tricked into kissing a 13 year old (Zak has always had game, that one. Dear God.), the trees that they climbed during all the manhunts, and so much more. Miss Lorraine even came out with phone in hand ready to call 911 to rid her world of us. Just like the old days!

It's weird, because with every good memory, there is a bad one that I am reminded of. It's how my life was, I guess. The great with the sad. I will be happy when the sad doesn't pop up in this head of mine. It's the bitter experiences, but there is so much more. So much laughter. I don't know how, but hopefully the junk will just work its way out. Or just go away. Regardless, there is so much good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen. I stumbled across your blog. Looks like you've been heading down memory lane. It was interesting to read. I live in Australia and it's always interesting to read across cultures. I read your profile. Why do you blog?

    Thanks for the read.

    (mansfieldsmusings.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete