Saturday, March 20, 2010

Why I blog (I think.) And Miller Beach....






Josh from Australia asked me why I blog. Hmmm. I hope it's not just the vanity.

The reason I named this blog "my porch" is from a reference in a moment in To Kill A Mockingbird. Scout is standing on the Radley's porch remembering what Atticus had said about not really knowing someone until you walk around in their skin for a while. Scout felt like the Radley porch was enough. It's about perspective. You could go to my first post and find that.

I remember reading a little book called Kingdom of Love a long time ago. Hannah Hurnard, the author, said God was like a huge mountain. It was impossible to stand at one point and take it all in. So people's interpretation of the mountain had a lot to do with where they were standing. Some people traveled around to see more of the mountain, and some are content with just knowing it's a big mountain with so much more than their perspective allows. Some believe theirs is the only view and so on.

I guess that's what this is about. My little perspective. My view of the mountain. It's so limited. But it's mine. I began this at a time when I thought I would disappear. It was my small way of fighting that.

Or I am in denial and vain enough to think I have something to say. Just kiddng.

Speaking of perspective, the view from Miller Beach was lovely today. Only the Sundae was not there.

6 comments:

  1. You just kicked up a notch my love for you by quoting To Kill A Mockingbird.

    And, I think it's dangerous for a stunning lady like you to go to the beach without the Sundae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I was safe. Miller Beach is, in fact, Tracy Miller's Beach. Still, everything is better with my Sundae.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! I love To Kill a Mockingbird! When are you inviting all the ladies over for a weekend? Me, Donna, Daurie and Kandi...and Poinsettias.They are beautiful in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the beautiful Flowers! My goodness, just come! Any weekend is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont post pics of ur girls in bikinis,,,pervs can save em

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recntly started blogging and reading other ppls blogs.
    1st i dont think its vain at all, its a beautiful talant to be able to type and express yourself :-D
    2nd the rest of us are nosey for enjoying reading other peoples perspective. ;-D i enjoy your blog very much and think ur a very strong woman for all you endure

    ReplyDelete