I can remember when I was a kid having to walk through cow pastures to get to my cousins' house. I was afraid of cows, so it blew. I had seen that kid get gored on Song of the South. But even if I didn't get attacked by a mother cow, the ground was still a mine field of poop. Everywhere. I had to really be careful not to step in anything fresh. But sometimes I did.
That's how it is with people. I can try to avoid it, but sometimes while I'm busy looking for horned bulls and whatnot, I step in shit. It happened yesterday. And I know I should be a bigger person and not let it get to me. But it gets all over your shoes, or worse, if you're barefoot, between your toes. It lingers. I probably shouldn't be walking around in pastures, but I wanted to see someone I love, and that was the way there. It's just sometimes unavoidable. And then if you do ruin your shoes, it's never good for people to tell you that maybe you attract the cow shit. My God, what if I like cow shit?

No comments:
Post a Comment