Friday, April 01, 2011

I am happy to say that next week I am going to work a night at JBBQ. It is like getting to have girls night out and get paid for it. I miss being around people so much. And I need the money. Win/win.

Hopefully I will finish reading Love Wins so I can review it for Carole.

I'm on the brink of figuring out the meaning of life. You won't want to miss that.

Here are some thoughtful quotes from a peaceful man:
The man Martin Luther King Jr. called "an apostle of peace and nonviolence" has been a teacher, writer and vocal opponent of war. Here, Thich Nhat Hanh shares a few words of wisdom.


~ "Freedom is not given to us by anyone; we have to cultivate it ourselves. It is a daily practice... No one can prevent you from being aware of each step you take or each breath in and breath out." ~


~ "People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar." ~

~ "When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. How can you love if you are not there?" ~


~ "To be loved means to be recognized as existing." ~

~ "Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature." ~

Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment